Alberta’s Relaunch Strategy puts safety first while gradually reopening businesses, Acupuncturists are expected to resume in-person services in Stage 2 of the Relaunch Strategy. our clinic developed the following procedure to help keep patients, staff, and practitioners safe.
Patients are required to be in quarantine for 14 days either:
- Immediately upon return from travel outside of Canada, or
- If they are a close contact of a person who tested positive for COVID-19.
CMOH Order 05-2020 includes the following restrictions and requirements for quarantine:
- Remaining at home
- Not attending work, school, social events, or any other public gatherings
- Not taking public transportation
- Watching for relevant symptoms
If persons in quarantine begin to experience symptoms (cough, fever, shortness of breath/difficulty breathing, runny nose, or sore throat) not related to a pre-existing illness or health condition or to a known exposure to COVID-19, they must enter isolation for a period of 10 additional days from the start of their symptoms, or until symptom resolve, whichever is longer.
CMOH Order 05-2020 includes the following restrictions and requirements for isolation:
- Remaining at home, and 2 metres distant from others at all times;
- Not attending work, school, social events or any other public gatherings;
- Not taking public transportation.
People experience symptoms should use the AHS Self-Assessment tool.
A kindly reminder that Alberta has expanded testing to all Albertans, whether they have COVID-19 symptoms or not.
- Patients can book appointment either online or by calling the clinic.
- After patients book online through Janeapp, they will receive an email that includes an online screening 2 to 3 hours prior to their appointment, please answer the screening questions and submit online. Onsite screening is required if the online screening is not completed.
- Patients will receive a call from reception the day before their appointment to confirm any changes.
Arrive at your appointment
- When you arrive for your appointment, please wait in your vehicle or nearby the clinic and enter the clinic no earlier than 5 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment. This is to minimize patients sitting in the waiting area. The goal is for you to be roomed immediately upon arrival.
- Please always wear mask when you come to your appointment.
- When you enter the clinic please use the hand sanitizer by the elevator or use the washroom to wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Approach to reception desk after hand hygiene routine, keep social distance (two meters away from any other person). Receptionist will check your temperature with a touchless thermo temperature devise first before escort you into the treatment room. (if your temperature is over 38 degree, we will ask you to go home instead, use the Alberta Health Services COVID-19 Self Assessment Tool to determine if you should be tested for COVID-19.
- Reception will lead you to the assigned treatment room.
During your treatment
- If a patient enters the clinic after they have been screened, but subsequently identified by the Acupuncturist that the patient exhibits signs and symptoms consistent with a respiratory illness, whether COVID-19 is suspected or not, patient will be provided with a new mask and complete hand hygiene, then patient will be advised to leave the clinic, then self-isolate and call Health Link 811.
- There will be a chair designated for you to put your clothing, and any other personal belongings on.
- Acupuncturist may ask you to remove mask to look at your tongue. Otherwise, mask will be stay on for the duration of treatment.
- Please use the hand sanitizer in the treatment room to sanitize hands again before leaving the treatment room.
After your treatment
- Please wait in the treatment room while we are preparing your herbs, you will be notified when it is ready.
- We will only accept debit or credit card cards for payment, please keep 2 metres distance at the reception when processing the payment, use hand sanitizer before and after, we will make sure POS machine is disinfected before and after use.
- Online payment through Janeapp is available, login from https://bodymindsynergy.janeapp.com/ booking site to setup your account.
- Please follow indicated direction to exit the clinic.
- Please attend your appointment by yourself (rather than with family members) if possible, to minimize person-to-person contact.
- Remember to practice physical distancing maintain 2-metre distance in the clinic common areas, such as hallway, washroom, etc.
- After using the washroom, please washing hands follow the proper hand hygiene, dry hands with paper towel provide, and use paper towel to grab door handles, in order to minimize touching the handles, toss used paper towel in the garbage bin.
- Our staff will thoroughly clean and disinfect any surface area and objects the patient may have come in contact with using a Health Canada approved disinfectant frequently.